Thursday, April 1, 2010

Girls Movie Night: The Last Song

Can you believe it? I snuck away for a couple hours to see a chick flick with some girls tonight. I think I enjoyed the adult interaction so much that I'm now having a hard time falling asleep, so I thought I'd share my feedback on the movie.

Let's face it, I'm not a girly girl (I lean more tom-boyish), but I DO love a good chick flick. And we all know that Nicholas Sparks writes some great books for future chick flicks. In case you're not familiar he wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and Walk to Remember.
Anyway, they're all good chick flicks.

The Last Song did not disappoint. Yes, there are cheesy parts and yes you might (I did) cry, but I liked it. Like most of Sparks' books/movies, it's sad and it will pull on your heart strings, but it was cute. I'll admit, I was a little hesitant that the main actress was Miley Cyrus, but I got passed that quickly into the movie.
I know I'm being vague, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone planning to see this movie. BUT this is definitely a chick flick. If you're like me and you have to beg your husband or significant other to see a chick flick save it for the next romantic comedy because this one is over the top.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

Ok, I think I'll try to go fall asleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment