Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Things To Do...When it's COLD

I know the snow is pretty much melted, but there's NO doubt it's still COLD.

So, I had a friend who was watching her niece for a week and asked what to do when it's COLD out. Let's face it going to the park is out right now. I quickly rattled off some things she could do at home..ie: make play dough, color, make cookies, snuggle and watch a movie, etc. BUT what about those days we just need to get out.

I mentioned several in the video above. (I know the video is a bit random, but we're testing out somethings, so I thought this was a good opportunity. And sorry for the lack of make up...we had just attempted to clean up the toys around the house and lets face it, what pregnant mom of a busy toddler has time to "touch up").

Ok, back on track. These are a few of the things I thought of...visit the NWA Mall. While your there you can do a little window shopping, but you can go around lunch or dinner for a quick meal, but most importantly they have a little playground inside for the kids to burn some energy.

There's also Chik-fil-a on MLK in Fayetteville and another in Rogers that has a great INDOOR play area. We went there today and I'll admit it Stella took a great nap today.

There's always the bounce/jump places. There's Boingo Bounce in Fayetteville and Jump Zone in Bentonville. We've been to both and loved it!

Of course, there's the traditional favorite...Chuck E Cheese in both Rogers and Fayetteville. If you haven't visited the new location in Fayetteville...it's super nice. It's in Fiesta Square.

I know some of these places might cost a little money, but if it's a special trip then you wont go broke :)

But there's also all the local libraries. I used to take Stella all the time, but have gotten out of the routine because she's in "school." I think we'll go to toddler time at the Fayetteville Library on Thursday though. They really have a great program there for Baby bookworms and Toddler time. I haven't visited the other libraries, but I've heard they offer great programs too.

If you have any other ideas, please share. I don't think the cold is going away anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment