Monday, January 3, 2011

Dead Birds & Fish...What is Going On?

I don't know if you've seen the stories on local news and even national news recently, but what in the world is going on in Arkansas lately.

New Years eve around 1000 birds fell dead from the sky in Beebe. Just dropped dead and they're still trying to figure out why. Here's the article from KARK in Little Rock, but according to my twitter updates it looks like that number is climbing to almost 2000 dead birds within a mile strip in the small Arkansas town. Can you say creepy?

But it doesn't end there. A day before the falling birds, thousands of fish were found dead in the Arkansas River. The Game and Fish is expected to release the total number sometime today, but it all seems a little too Hollywood for me. It sounds like a creepy movie in the making. Let's just hope this is the last of dead animals showing up in the Natural State.

I don't know how I would feel if I lived in Beebe and woke up to dead birds in my yard and no explanation of what happened. I guess we'll just wait and see what the cause was.
Happy Monday. It's kind of a weird way to kick off 2011 in Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment