Sunday, December 19, 2010

Potty Training 101

We touched on this topic once in the past, but it seems a lot of moms I know are in this phase of life...including me. Or at least I think we're there. Several people have told to me wait on potty training until Stella is ready.
Well, the other day she wanted to wear big girl panties and try things out. Since we were going to be home all I day I decided lets try this out.
It went pretty well, but she was very upset when she had an accident, SO I'm soliciting advice. Several of you have already helped me out on Facebook and Twitter, but the more advice the BETTER.
I thought I would share with you some of the feedback, but please keep it coming!

Tips/Advice
1.patience and bribery
2.M&M rewards and celebrate each time she goes in the potty
3.Find a book about potty training and read it over and over
4.Clearly say you're going to go on the potty and then let them run around naked all day. Make sure they attempt every hour.
5.Bribery works
6.Use M&Ms and set a timer for every 30 minutes so you can "try" on the big potty

Please continue to help us mommies out if you have advice/tips on potty training. Wouldn't that be a great Christmas present for any parent? :)



PS sorry there wasn't a post Friday...I had a sick little girl I was taking care of!

1 comment:

  1. they should run around naked all day anyway's until 16

    ReplyDelete