Monday, March 28, 2011

Yellow Polka Dot and PADDED Bikini

Ok, folks how far is too far? I know there are women...let me repeat myself WOMEN...out there that need a little support for the "girls" when they're sporting their swimsuits, BUT has Abercrombie gone too far?
Recently the trendy store, Abercrombie and Fitch, marketed their PADDED bikini to young girls. Girls as young as 7 and 8. Personally, I wish those girls were still innocent enough (as in don't care about fashion and let their mom's dress them) to be wearing Gymboree and Children's Place. But I know I'm living in a fantasy land.
Anyway, there has been an outrage on the padded swimsuits.Lets face it, (most) these girls aren't even in training bras yet. Shoot, they probably aren't even thinking about their upcoming development, so why do they need padding. Why do they need to give the impression that they have boobs?
What kind of message are we sending? Do we want our little ones to grow up way before their time? In my opinion, girls have their entire lives to be women...why rush it?
What do you think? Am I too conservative and straight laced? What's next? For now, my girls will be getting their swimsuits from stores like Target and the only padding will include their swim diapers.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Let little girls be just that- LITTLE GIRLS. They are not women, they can't handle being women yet. So why would we burden them with a woman's sexuality? It doesn't make sense. Girls this age are mature enough to deal with sexuality... that's why our bodies do what they do at the age that they do it. I've boycotted A&F for a long time now & this just confirms why I do so. I have three little girls & this sort of marketing just disgust me. Go team conservative & straight laced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I have a 2 1/2 year old and at 7, 8...heck at 10 she will NOT be wearing a padded swimsuit! I told my husband about this and he said what would a 7 or 8 year old need with a padded swimsuit...Exactly! Right now I want mine to be young as long as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think this is ridiculous. No child should be wearing a padded swimsuit. They don't need to looks like they larger on top. I have a daughter and I never would have bought her one when she was younger. I mean really our children don't need things like that. I have been seeing about them and from the moment I saw about them, I thought they need to stop selling those. I am glad to see others agree too.

    Sincerely,
    Woodena

    ReplyDelete