Thursday, November 18, 2010

Traditions

I know we all have some sort of tradition around the holidays.
Today I had the great privilege to visit with my grandparents and I was quickly reminded of all the traditions I have not only on the holidays, but just during regular visits.
As long as I can remember, my grandma has had a "candy" jar in her kitchen and EVERY time I visit I check it out. I'll admit last time I visited the candy wasn't my favorite but today I hit the jack pot with Butterfingers! But as I was reaching for the yummy treat I was reminded about all the "traditions" I've shared with my Grandma over the years.
Growing up I had a blankie (if I'm honest I still have it, ha) and whenever I spent the night with Grandma and Pa Grandma would sew a fresh stitch around my blankie to make sure it "lasted." Well, it's done the trick.

Anyway, those are regular habits I have at my grandparents, but it made me think of holiday traditions.

So, now is your chance to share. Do you have family traditions? Please share. Some families don't have any, so you're might be their new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment