Monday, November 8, 2010

Sprinkle or Shower??!!

Everyone has heard of a baby shower, but have you heard of a baby sprinkle? At first I thought it was something us southerns made up (and they may be the case originally), but it's a real deal.

According to several different websites, a baby sprinkle is relatively new. It's a scaled-down version of a baby shower for mom's expecting baby #2.

Sprinkle was invented to celebrate the future little one, but NOT go overboard. After all, baby #2 usually doesn't "need" as much as the first baby because the "big" items are already purchased.

I know that some of the showers I've gone to for second kiddos include a lot of diaper purchases and the "necessities" especially if #2 is the same gender as it's older sibling. But then there are times I can get caught up in buying the cute outfits for the little one.

What do you think about a baby sprinkle?

You're probably asking, why in the world am I writing about such a random topic, but a sweet friend of mine has offer to throw a "sprinkle" and she was planning on going overboard. I told her to keep it simple. We'll see if she listens. It's not that I don't think the second baby doesn't deserve a big party like her big sister...I just know we all have a lot going on and I don't want to add extra stress.

So, that's what spurred today's blog topic. Plus I still think it's more of a southern thing, but I wanted to share it with those of you that might not know about a baby sprinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment