Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Razorback Relief: Operation Haiti...YOU can HELP!

Ok, gang listen up. RAZORBACK RELIEF Operation:Haiti is going to be HUGE and YOU can be a part of it.
If you're like me your were glued to the news coverage after the earthquakes in Haiti not long ago...I felt helpless and this urge to go over there and lend a helping hand. I never made it to Haiti, but I've thought of several ways I could help. I could give money, volunteer to organize collection sites, etc...BUT I never did any of those things.
NOW is my and YOUR chance to help those still in desperate need in Haiti and you don't have to go anywhere.
Ok, well you have to go to the indoor track center on campus, but that's not far.
You can find the details on their website, but it basically is a 24 hour period of volunteers working around the clock...or a couple hours at a time filling bags with rice and other nutrients for the folks in Haiti.

The Goal: 2 MILLION meals
The NEED: YOU, Northwest Arkansas Volunteers

You guys I cannot express to you how awesome this event is going to be. I've had the privilege of chatting with the organizer, Rich Morris, and is eagerness and excitement is contagious. I know you are all huge HOG fans and this is a joint deal.

If you'd like to volunteer you can read more on their website listed above, but they're really only asking for 2 hours of your time. TWO hours. It spans over 24 hours. Starting at 7:00 PM June 25th and ending the following day, same time. So lets be honest, even if our day is slammed and our calendars are FULL...we can go in the middle of the night OR super early in the morning. There aren't many excuses out there. Plus I've been told it'll be an AMAZING experience.

Ok, I'm sure you get that I'm a little excited about this, but I want you to spread the excitement. If you have a blog or group email or facebook, etc spread the word. The more the merrier!

If you plan on attending let me know! I will probably blog about this again, but I wanted to put a bug in your ear so you could mark your calendar!

1 comment: