Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh No It's Flu Season...Another Strain of Swine Flu?

It's hard to believe it's already flu season again. It seems like it was just yesterday everyone was paranoid about the newest strain of the flu, the swine flu.
People lined up for hours to get their flu shot and swine flu shots. It was all over the news, etc. Now it's that time of year again, and according to this article there is a new swine flu strain emerging. We can NEVER win. We all know it's not uncommon for the flu virus to mutate, but its starting to sound like this swine flu strain is more dangerous. (Isn't that always the case).

So while this year's flu season seems to be a little calmer I'm wondering if this is just the beginning of panic season?

That being said, since I'm pregnant I was wondering if I should get the flu shot this year. You know to protect myself and the baby. Well, if it was up to my husband I would never leave the house this time of year, but that's not possible. I'm a busy mom. :)

I asked a lot of you and professionals and decided to go with it. I know some of you will disagree with that decision and others will shake your heads in agreement, but it was a decision we had to make and we did.

Are any or you struggling with this decision this year? Do you have concerns about the flu shot or any other vaccines for that matter?

This is your chance to sound off.
Remember you can always email me too knwablogger@knwa.com

Here's to hoping this flu season isn't bad and the "new" strain of swine flu stays away!

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment