Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wacky Weather

Don't worry this is not our house, or anyone we know for that matter. But you can imagine what it was like being in that house when a tornado ripped through the neighborhood. Ok, I really can't imagine it, but what power and force!
I don't know about you, but I've been glued to severe weather coverage lately.

I don't know if its because I used to love reporting on storms (to keep people safe) or telling the stories of survival after storms ravaged parts of the area I used to report in. Back in the day I was amazed after seeing the damage that people survived, but they did! For the most part it was because they were prepared! We always talk about having a plan at our house, but we really just talk about it. So since it's storm season we're going to make a plan and I thought you might want to have a plan of action as well! Check out this site for GREAT tips!

Mother Nature has already left a major mark in the last couple weeks and storm season isn't over yet, so be careful.

I don't want to raise a big red flag, I just think the more we're prepared the better!
Also, if you live in northwest Arkansas you can sign up for KNWA Mobile. You will get direct weather alerts to your phone. This is extra helpful if you lose power or you cable/satelite goes out during the storm. Just another tool to help keep you informed. I know Tom has it on his phone and it is super helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment