Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reality Check: Did Miss USA Go Too Far?

Some of you might know what I'm talking about, others maybe not. Well, you can read this great story from the Today show here.

But basically, in the midst of photo shoots lately, 51 Miss USA hopefuls dressed RACY (in my opinion...and many others). Yes, it was part of the contest...pictures by professionals and NOT a case of girls gone wild. I chose not to post a picture here because I didn't think it was appropriate. But there are some in the link above. (the picture is of Miss Arkansas though, isn't she a cutie) Don't get me wrong...these girls have incredible figures and pull off the lingerie, but the pictures aren't necessary. Plus, I'm assuming it made some of the hopefuls uncomfortable. I'm sure many didn't mind, but out of 51 there had to be a few who were not on board. I CAN'T imagine the PRESSURE. The swimsuit competition has to be enough pressure as it is.

I've never been a pageant girl, but I DO LOVE to watch Miss USA and Miss America, so I am a bit disappointed. In my opinion, if you're going to put yourself in the lime light, you're a role model. As a mom I don't want Stella seeing pictures like this and thinking this is what you need to wear to win a crown. I don't mean to get on a soapbox, but I know this is a talker and i thought it'd be a good topic for Thursday's Reality Check.


The pageant is this weekend...I wonder if they'll talk about the pictures during the show? hmm?

Please I WANT to know what you think! Sound off. If you don't agree with me I appreciate that...let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment